Home Buying Steps!
Are you in the market to buy a new home? Follow these simple steps to help you prepare!
1. Start with your credit: A credit score will help you determine your credit history. A low credit score could hurt your chances of getting a good interest rate or financing. By having a copy of your reports and your credit scores, you will already be ahead!
2. Pre-qualification/budget planning: It is extremely important before you start searching for your new home to set a limit on how much you are wanting to spend. A general rule to go by is to look for a home that costs about 2.5 times your gross annual salary. There are many online calculators and tools that are available to help with this process.
3. Line up a down payment: You will have to come up with cash for the down payment of your new home as well as closing costs. Typically lenders want 20% of the home's price as a down payment.
4. Find an agent: Once you have completed the above steps or are in the process of having it completed, call us to speak to an agent!
5. Search for a home: Our agents are always available and will find your perfect home in a great location that you are looking for that is within your budget!
6. Make an offer: Once you have found your perfect home, it will be time to make an offer. Our agents will help you put together an offer to help you in buying your house.
7. Enter contract: After your offer is accepted, you will go into a contract. During this time, you will want to have a home inspection done.
8. Close the deal: Before the actual closing, you will have a chance to review all of the paperwork, do a final walk through of the house. You will want to review everything carefully. Once the closing occurs, you will have officially bought your home!